Breaking News

Former VP Pence undergoes routine surgery to implant pacemaker, office says

Former Vice President mike-pence” target=”_blank”>Mike Pence< said in a press release Thursday.

Pence, 61, underwent a successful procedure to implant the device on Wednesday at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus in Falls Church, Virginia, according to a press release. He is expected to make a full recovery and return to normal activity within days.

“My family has been truly blessed by the work of these dedicated healthcare professionals,” Pence said in a statement.

Trump tells GOP he's focused on 2022 midterms, unsure of 2024 runVideo

The former vice president underwent the surgery after experiencing symptoms associated with an abnormal heart rate over a two-week span. 

Pence first disclosed an asymptomatic heart blockage in 2016 after becoming the GOP’s nominee for vice president.

Pence has made few public remarks since leaving the White House in January. Earlier this month, he launched “Advancing American Freedom,” a political advocacy group.

The former Indiana governor is considered a potential candidate for the GOP’s presidential nomination in 2024. Pence has yet to say whether he intends to run for office.

This story has been updated.

About Fox News

Check Also

Democrats on the verge of upending their 2024 presidential nominating calendar

Democratic Party officials gather in the nation’s capital this week on a mission to revamp …

Leave a Reply